RE: [Videolib] Does anyone know a way to remove permanent marker

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:33:10 -0700

Have you tried isopropyl alcohol or methanol and a soft cloth? You can also try a water based detergent. Neither of these methods will harm the polycarbonate surface.

If neither of these work.....I'm at a loss.

Rob Hooft
Justice Institute of BC Library

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Renee Zurn
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 3:35 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Does anyone know a way to remove permanent marker
fromDVDs?

Help! A new employee wrote our identification number on a DVD that is a
two-sided disc. She processed our new "Battlestar Galactica" set before
she asked for help.

Does anyone know a way to remove the permanent marker without damaging
the disc or do I need to reorder this set?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Renee Zurn
Duluth Public Library