Re: [Videolib] yet more copyright issues - this time with music!

Rick Faaberg (rfaaberg@comcast.net)
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:55:07 -0700

--B_3164817307_1150166

On 4/14/04 7:33 PM "Andrea Slonosky" <slonosky@mindspring.com> sent this
out:

> Can anyone tell me if there would be a copyright issue with the situation
> described? I have looked through the Music Librarians Association's copyr=
ight
> page, amongst others, and haven't found anything about this type of
> situation. Mulling it over, it seems to me that if we want to play music =
we
> own at one of our functions, (which will not be recorded, or advertised a=
s a
> performance or anything, and which will require an invitation) than we sh=
ould
> be able to do so. I don't think there's any problem with, for example
> restaurant owners/staff playing their own CDs in the establishment, is th=
ere?
> This seems to be a pretty similar situation.
>=20
I=B9d say there is no difference between music and video. The laws cover
=B3recordings=B2 if I remember correctly.

That=B9s why companies contract with =B3Muzak=B2 type companies for cleared music
I=B9m pretty sure.

Rick Faaberg

--B_3164817307_1150166