RE: [Videolib] Outsource cataloging of films

Elizabeth Stanley (Elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:42:18 -0400

Hi, Pamela,

Take a look at the services offered by www.marc4media.com. We have been
very pleased with the quality of the cataloging and the friendliness of
their service in providing MARC records for our video collection.
Contact person is Lorraine Knight. Email to lknight@marc4media.com.

Elizabeth Stanley
Bullfrog Films

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
pbruce@carleton.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 11:15 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Outsource cataloging of films

Hello All,

We are starting a huge project this summer. We will be moving our film
collection to the library in 2005, but to start we will be outsourcing
all of our titles for cataloging this summer. I would like to get
recommendations (good or bad) of companies that any of you have used for
this type of service.
Any information or suggestions you may have on outsourcing films (all
formats)would be VERY helpful. It is a huge project so any advise or
experiences that you have had would be of great value to us.

Thanks to all.

Pamela
Carleton College