Re: [Videolib] RE: public performance rights

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:21:54 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3164714514_6319790_MIME_Part

Did they say "not available" because the distributor does not own the PPR
rights
or no they own it and won't let it be shown? Might be worth trying to get
more info.
If the actual rights holder says NO than I would NOT risk it, but I don't
know
a good answer for a situation when you really can't figure out the owner

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International

From: "VENTURA, GERIE" <GVENTURA@highline.edu> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:45:48 -0700 To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: [Videolib] RE: public performance rights

A conscientious student group on campus (not all groups on campus have been so proactive in the past) actually asked if they needed public performance rights for a certain title (Inside Mecca) and I did my best to hunt down the information. (The answer was "no, not available for that title.") Once I relayed that info back to the group they stared at me blankly like, "Ok, well, now what?" Does anyone have any ideas on what to say in that situation? "You're on your own?" "Good luck, don't tell me if you break the law." I'd appreciate some better ideas than just staring blankly back at the library patron. Thank you, Gerie Ventura Highline Community College Library, Media Services Des Moines, WA Voice: 206 878 3710 X3134 e-mail: gventura@highline.edu

--MS_Mac_OE_3164714514_6319790_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] RE: public performance rights Did they say "not available" because the distributor does not own= the PPR rights