RE: [Videolib] mono headphones

LeeAnne Krause (LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu)
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:21:20 -0400

--=__PartCBEAFAB0.0__=

Hi,
we're getting the ones at Long's that switch back and forth between
stereo and mono. Thanks, Jim Scholtz! We certainly could use the
adaptors, and they're not expensive, but that is not my first choice.
Our viewing room gets heavy student usage, and as it is, with all our
precautions and security tags, we still have headphones that get lost,
equipment getting moved around, general mischief that happens. Last
week, I responded to a complaint that two DVD players weren't working.
One was hooked up to the wrong TV, and the other, someone rearranged the
cable hookups in the back. I shudder to think of the aggravation that
having all these little adaptor pieces floating about would cause....I
wonder how one goes about putting barcodes or security tags on a mono
adaptor :)

A minor conundrum solved! Thanks to everyone who responded,
LeeAnne

LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
Educational Film Library
Thomas Cooper Library
803-777-0322

>>> RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca 04/13/04 12:15PM >>>

Why don't you use stereo headphones and attach a mono adapter? You can
get them for a couple of bucks at Radio Shack

Robert Hooft
Justice Institute of B.C. Library
715 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, B.C.