Re: [Videolib] film find SOS

Pat Shufeldt (
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:42:33 -0400

Could this be the film the student has in mind? It's listed on OCLC

>From the mountains to the maquiladoras: a TIRN educational video.
Tennessee Industrial Renewal Network.

English Visual Material : Videorecording : VHS tape 1 videocassette
(25 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Knoxville, TN : Tennessee Industrial Renewal Network (TIRN),
A group of women from the Tennessee Industrial Renewal Network (TIRN)
in Knoxville, Tennessee investigates maquildoras on the Mexican side
of the U.S.-Mexico border and the living conditions of the maquiladora

Pat Shufeldt

LeeAnne Krause wrote:

> A student here wants to find this film. Anybody know what it
> is?Thanks!LLK LeeAnne L. Krause, Manager
> Educational Film Library
> Thomas Cooper Library
> 803-777-0322
> finewood...I am a grad student in the anthro department. I am
> looking for a film and having trouble finding the title. I thought I
> would see if you knew the title. It is about three women from
> (virginia or west virginia) who lose there factory jobs when their
> company goes to mexico. The women visit Mexico to see the
> maquiladora that replaced thier jobs. I have not seen it...can you
> help me? Can I come by and talk to you about it? Do you have any
> reccomendations...I am going nuts. thanks for any of your timemike
> finewood Michael Finewood
> USC Department of Anthropology
> 919 604 2480 (c)

Videolib mailing list