Re: [Videolib] Jean Epstein's "Coeur fidele"

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:12:16 +0100

Dear Danette,

this is the entry from the FIAF database "Treasures from the Archices"

Film Description: COEUR FIDELE (FR, Jean Epstein, 1923)
Film Title: COEUR FIDELE; INIMA CREDINCIOASA; CORAZON FIEL
Film Country: FR
Film Director: Epstein, Jean
Film Year: 1923
Production Company: Pathé-Consortium-Cinéma
Cast: Manès, Gina; Mathot, Léon; Manfroy
Archive: Archives du Film du CNC (Bois d'Arcy) [FRB]; Bulgarska
Nacionalna Filmoteka (Sofia) [BGS]; Cinémathèque de Toulouse (Toulouse)
[FRT]; Cinémathèque Française (Paris) [FRC]; Cinémathèque Royale
(Bruxelles) [BEB]; Filmoteka Narodowa (Warszawa) [PLW]; Museum of Modern
Art (New York) [USM]; Národní Filmovy Archiv (Praha) [CZP]; Gosfilmofond
of Russia (Moscow) [RUR]; Cineteca Nazionale (Roma) [ITN]; Arhiva
Nationala de Filme (Bucuresti) [ROB]; Filmoteca de la UNAM (México)
[MXU]; George Eastman House (Rochester) [USR]
Access Holdings: Format unspecified: PLW, USR; 35 mm: USM
Note: Inclusion of a title in this database does not guarantee its
availability nor completeness. Users should contact individual archives
for more information.

The archives in the US are:
George Eastman House (Rochester)
Museum of Modern Art (New York)

As you have already mentioned the National Library of Australia has
aquired a copy (16 mm) in 1997. They must have got it somewhere from.
http://www.nla.gov.au/pub/fandv/0297.html

MOMA has screened the film in December 2000.
http://momawas.moma.org/visit_moma/momafilm/december_cal.pdf

But after all there doesn't seem to exist any video with this title. And
there was no entry in WorldCat. And it has never been published on video
in France as far as I see.

with kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin