Re: [Videolib] Long URLs in email - one solution

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:20:29 -0500

Great idea, Rick - I'm apparently not web savvy enough to understand how
you go about "tinying" (neat word, huh?) or shortening the long URL into
the abbreviated one so that the latter expands to the correct
address. Please advise and I'll do it. Thanks. Jim Scholtz.

At 05:54 PM 3/23/2004 -0800, you wrote:

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00019G4XW/qid=1080068009/sr=8-2
> > /ref=pd_ka_2/102-8061146-7392917?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846
>
>I just wanted to point out that sometimes it's a good idea to "tiny URL"
>long URLs like that before including them in email messages.
>
>The above link becomes <http://tinyurl.com/22npa>.
>
>And then I usually include a short e.g. "(Amazon website)" so folks will
>know where I'm sending them with the tiny URL.
>
>Example post:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/22npa> (Amazon website)
>
>More info is available at <http://tinyurl.com/>. There's even a way to add
>TinyURL to your browser's toolbar!