Re: [Videolib] Defective On Arrival

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:55:20 -0800

If Films is using the same system we have used for making DVDs (burning
them on an iMac, which records in DVD -R) they won't play on all
machines, particularly on some older DVD players.

Unfortunately there is no magic solution for this; no format plays on
all machines. Check DVD Demystified at
http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#4.3.1

Newer machines play all formats, but no luck on older ones (and some
low-cost models).

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University