Re: [Videolib] AUSTRALIAN DOCUMENTARIES

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:57:16 +0100

Dear Chris,

here are some infos concerning Radio Redfern

Title: 88.9 Radio Redfern
Australia 1989, 54 Minutes

An observational documentary which looks at Sydney's first community
Aboriginal radio station, Radio Redfern. Set against the backdrop of
contemporary Aboriginal music, Radio Redfern offers a rare exploration
of the people, attitudes and philosophies behind the lead up to a
different type of celebration of Australia's Bicentennial Year.
Executive Producer: Tristram Miall
Producer: Sharon Bell
Director: Sharon Bell, Geoff Burton

The title seems to be available from Film Australia via this site:
http://www.filmaust.com.au/programs/default.asp?content=search
Please see How to order

This title from your list is available, too:

Sister, If You Only Knew
1975, 51 Minutes

This film takes as its theme the pressures of life experienced by
Aboriginal women living in the city, and the effect that these pressures
also have on their men and their children. In spite of all life's
difficulties, the women seem to survive the urban environment better
than the men. Their humour, intelligence and resilience in the face of
adversity shines through. When asked if they wanted to change anything
in the content of this film, the participants' response was "it tells
the truth and that is what is important".

Producer: Suzanne Baker
Director: Janet Isaac

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat