RE: [Videolib] Call numbers

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:13:43 -0500

FD -Filmstrip program with sound cassette
FY - Slide program with sound cassette

-----Original Message-----
From: Catherine M. Von Elm [mailto:cvonelm@pobox.upenn.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 1:03 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Call numbers

Hello, all,

We're looking to revise our call number scheme for a growing video collection at the University of
Pennsylvania. We're considering going from LC call numbers (how many PN1997s can you shelve accurately?) to accession
numbers. This is a closed stack collection, and I wanted to ask if anyone has any other clever call number schemes or
simple filing/retrieval strategies.

Thank you in advance for any and all comments.

Cathy

*****
Cathy Von Elm
Head of Circulation