Re: [Videolib] Disc check software

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:37:16 +0100

Dear Paul,

thank your for your answer. Seems to be appropriate also for our library
with a rather high volume of disc checking. And an extra PC with DVD-ROM
drive is not necessary.

Here are some further results of my little research for disc checking
software:

- CDChek:
http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/
seems to be widely used

- CD X Rescue und DVD X Rescue
http://www.dvd-burner.ca/DVD-News-Release/321-Studios-DVD-X-Rescue-05-08-03.htm
http://www.dvdxcopy.com/default.asp?a=34867
for CD or CD/DVD respectively, includes checking software

- Plextor Writer Premium
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/Premium.html
this CD-RW drive offers a disc checking software (only CD)

- RTI DiscChek
http://www.rtico.com/discchek/
seems to be similar to iScan.

With kind regards