Re: [Videolib] Video editing for Windows

Scott Lehman (
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:24:07 -0600

I've been using Premiere as part of Pinnacle's DV500 package, but I am
still running it on a 4-yr old NT machine. Definitely time for an upgrade!

Pinnacle has some other stuff that is good... Dazzle products, etc. Depends
on how much money you have to spend.

I used Avid stuff back in college and was always impressed. I think some
Avid XPress DV packages are under $1000, if you are looking for something
less expensive. And of course if money is no object, might as well spend
$80-100,000 on Avid Media Composer or Symphony. I think those might be fun
to play with.

Scott Lehman
Web Manager
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library

At 09:30 AM 3/3/2004 -0800, Gary Handman wrote:
>Hi all
>A question for those of you out there who have boldly ventured into
>digital video editing...
>I've recently given up on Adobe Premiere (the latest version only runs on
>windows XP!). I'm fishing around for another Windows-based editing
>package. Any faves?
>Gary Handman
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>"Movies are poems, a holy bible, the great mother of us."
> --Ted Berrigan
>Videolib mailing list

Videolib mailing list