Re: [Videolib] Public performance license? "Society of the

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:46:41 -0800

oy! you've picked a worst case scenario, Marilyn

No one seems to know for certain WHO has legal control of this Situationist
epic...we scored ours from questionable sources in Paris... There used to
be a guy in the US who was selling (apparently bootlegged) copies.

Seems this was discussed awhile back on videolib...

gary

At 01:41 PM 3/1/2004, you wrote:
>Does anyone know about the public performance status and/or a U.S.
>distributor for the 1973 French film, "Society of the Spectacle" by Guy
>DeBord? And, in case there's more than one version, I'm looking in
>particular for a version of the film that has subtitles by Keith Sanborn.
>
>A professor says she has invited a guest speaker, who will bring his own
>video of the film for us to show. I'm trying to figure out whether we need
>to question this guest about public performance rights for "his" film.
>
>Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
>Marilyn Huntley

>Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant
>(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
>Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
>Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
>Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan