RE: [Videolib] Checkout barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxe

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:27:58 -0600

Ours are on the insert under the cover for cds, and on the case for DVDs.
However, part of our training includes the fact that we ALWAYS open every
case - to make sure the item(s) are there, that the items are ours, and that
noone took a bite out of them. This is just standard procedure. Hope this
helps.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
www.aurora.lib.il.us
E-mail: bltata@aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat McGee [mailto:pmcgee@tntech.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:40 AM
To: videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Checkout barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxes

Do any of you put these barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxes? Can
anyone thing of a disadvantage in doing so? Our students do not always
verify the contents of returns, inspite of numerous reminders {aka
nagging}, and the library system doesn't keep last borrower. We end up
with empty boxes and no way to retrieve the contents.

Many thanks.

Pat

Patricia B. McGee
Coordinator of Media Services