RE: [Videolib] Checkout barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxes

Steven C. Matthew (matthew@fau.edu)
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:15:33 -0500

Our DVD's have barcodes on the inside of the cases. For multiple discs we
also have a label reminding staff to check for other discs before
discharging material.

Steve

Steven C. Matthew
S.E. Wimberly Library Media Center
matthew@fau.edu
http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/media/media.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Pat McGee
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:40 AM
To: videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Checkout barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxes

Do any of you put these barcodes on the inside of CD and DVD boxes? Can
anyone thing of a disadvantage in doing so? Our students do not always
verify the contents of returns, inspite of numerous reminders {aka
nagging}, and the library system doesn't keep last borrower. We end up
with empty boxes and no way to retrieve the contents.

Many thanks.

Pat

Patricia B. McGee
Coordinator of Media Services