RE: [Videolib] date due notices

Steven C. Matthew (matthew@fau.edu)
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 08:43:42 -0500

We include a date due slip and tell the patron (faculty, student or staff)
when the item is due.

Steve

Steven C. Matthew
S.E. Wimberly Library Media Center
matthew@fau.edu
http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/media/media.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Rhonda Rosen
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 5:46 PM
To: videolib
Subject: [Videolib] date due notices

hi everyone...

well, i just came from our faculty library meeting
where we discussed whether faculty should indeed be
fined or abolish all faculty fines --and thanks to the
many of you who answered my question a few weeks back,
I was able to say that many universities do fine
faculty....

they backed off, but one thing that did come up was to
put a "date due slip" on the video/dvd etc. What do
you guys do about this? we've always just told them
verbally, but the faculty group is thinking that maybe
it needs to be more visual...do you include slips
inside the case? or what?

thanks,
Rhonda Rosen
Loyola Marymount University