Re: [Videolib] Looking for videos: In the heat of the sun

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:01:21 +0100

Dear Richard,

"In the heat of the sun" has been published in several formats:
Laserdisc, Videotape: both in PAL and second hand, DVD - from Japan NTSC
but region code 2 without any english subtitles (publisher is Pioneer)
and Video CD from China or Hong Kong with english subtitles.

The 2-disc VCD-edition from China or Hong Kong seems to be the most
suitable:
It is letterboxed, has english subtitles and NTSC format, playable on
most DVD players.
The only source I know is our first class reliable German dealer here in
Berlin. His mail order shop:
http://www.adrenafilm.de/ (please insert title into the search box)

Here are some web links to special mail order shops for East Asian
movies:
http://www.dianying.com/en/shops.shtml but none of them has this title.
Perhaps someone in the US knows another source.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html