RE: [Videolib] Disc check software for

Paul Duckworth (pauld@mail.sgcl.org)
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:51:14 -0600

Hi Peter,

We have a nifty new product from Azuradisc that will test the data on discs.
It's called the i Scann. One of its big pluses is the speed at which it
checks the data. integrity. You can read about it at:
http://www.azuradisc.com/

We are very happy with it. We also use their disc buffing machine, the
model 1600, and it has saved us much time and $$$

Regards, Paul

Paul Duckworth
Collection Development Coordinator
Springfield-Greene County Library District (Missouri)
417-874-8120 ext 223
417-874-8114 fax
pauld@mail.sgcl.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Delin, Peter
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 5:26 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Disc check software for
CD-Audio/CD-ROM/DVD-Video/DVD-ROM

Dear videolibbers,

we are searching for test software to check
CD-Audio/CD-ROM/DVD-Video/DVD-ROM discs whose correct function has been
complained by patrons. We want to test the files of these discs quickly
before sending them to a private firm that removes scratches. We want to
avoid time consuming tests on CD- and DVD-players.

Does there exist a software for CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives that can be
recommended for this purpose?

One tip we have already got is CD-Check http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/

Many thanks in advance!

Peter Delin/Videolektorat