Re: [Videolib] Open stacks and circulation of video collections

Beth Traylor (bethe@uwm.edu)
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:24:35 -0600

--------------090907080604040701090804

Gail,

We opened up our video collection to our students a few years ago to
meet student demand. Like you
we still have closed stacks but all of our titles are searchable in the
online catalog. We circulate video titles
to students for 3 days and faculty and staff for 7 days with the
possibility of renewal. We have very few
problems with titles being overdue or not coming back from the students.
Students still have the
option to view titles in-house. The only titles that don't circulate to
students are those that are put on
Reserve for the semester. This new service was very well received by
students.

I hope this helps

Beth Traylor
Multimedia Librarian