Re: [Videolib] Open stacks and circulation of video collections

Pat Means (pmeans@austincollege.edu)
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:04:48 -0600

We have closed stacks also. At one time our library director entertained
the idea of open stacks but our professors hit the ceiling. They want the
materials to be available when they want them. Many times this is 15
minutes before class. If you have multiple copies this might not be a
problem. You also need to think about replacements costs. Circulated
materials will not last as long as non circulated materials. Patrons and
students are not as careful with materials as we are.

Hope this helps you.