Re: [Videolib] asbestos documentaries

Ben Achtenberg (Ben@fanlight.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:20:10 -0500

I can't help with any of the titles mentioned, but you might be interested
in Bill Ravanesi's documentary, BREATH TAKEN:
http://www.fanlight.com/catalog/films/057_bt.shtml Ravanesi is an
award-winning still photographer and healthcare activist whose father, a
shipyard worker, died of asbestosis. The documentary was created as part of
a travelling photo/text/artifact exhibit on the human impact of asbestos.
Quite a bit of information on this project is available on the web -- just
google on "Bill Ravanesi" +asbestos.

Ben Achtenberg
Fanlight Productions

At 03:24 PM 2/12/04 -0700, you wrote:
>I have been asked to find information about purchasing several
>documentaries about asbestos. Unfortunately, I have very little
>information about them at this time.
>
>Too Close to Home (British) is supposed to be about a small English town
>with an asbestos textile factory.
>Insult to Injury (British) is about how asbestos companies get out of
>paying claims.
>Another British title is Alice: Fight for a Life. It aired on Yorkshire
>TV in 1982. The requesting faculty member is also trying to contact
>Yorkshire TV to assist me with this one.
>White Dust and Lies (Australian), director Barvara Hush.
>
>If you can provide any clues or leads with any of these titles, I will
>greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
>
>Patricia Turnage
>Media Acquisitions
>The University of Montana
>Mansfield Library
>32 Campus Drive #9936
>Missoula, MT 59812-9936
>pat.turnage@umontana.edu
>(406) 243-2860
>Que he hecho yo para merecer esto?

Ben Achtenberg / Fanlight Productions
4196 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02131
(617) 469-4999 Fax: (617) 469-3379
Email: Ben@Fanlight.com