RE: [Videolib] Return to Lonesome Dove

Paul Duckworth (pauld@mail.sgcl.org)
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:04:02 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C3F0C1.0C7E3D20

Strange... our version, which is very popular, is the 4 hour version. Liner
notes don't mention any editing from the mini-series. One of our consortium
members' bib record describes the 5.5 hour version but does not mention that
it is volume 1. It does list the title as "the complete 5 1/2 hour epic."

I hope someone else can shed light on this!

Paul Duckworth
Collection Development Coordinator
Springfield-Greene County Library District (Missouri)
417-874-8120 ext 223
417-874-8114 fax
pauld@mail.sgcl.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Ronnie Smith
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 3:59 PM
To: VIDEOLIB@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Return to Lonesome Dove

A patron has requested that we buy Volume 2 of the TV movie Return to
Lonesome Dove. She brought to the desk a video of RTLD that, sure enough,
has "Volume I" on the case--leading one to assume there must be a volume 2.

But the total running time of Volume I is 5 hours, 30 minutes. The
Internet Movie Database lists the entire movie (or miniseries, to use a 70s
term) as about 5 hours, 22 minutes.

The only copies of this film currently for sale by Midwest or Baker or
Taylor are for a one-cassette version with a running time of 240 minutes.

Can anyone solve this mystery for me??

Thanks,

Ronnie Smith
Madison County Library System

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C3F0C1.0C7E3D20

Strange... our version, which is very popular, is the 4 = hour=20 version.  Liner notes don't mention any editing from the = mini-series. =20 One of our consortium members' bib record describes the 5.5 hour version = but=20 does not mention that it is volume 1.  It does list the title as = "the=20 complete 5 1/2 hour epic."

I hope someone else can shed light on = this!

Paul Duckworth =
Collection Development = Coordinator=20
Springfield-Greene = County Library=20 District (Missouri)
417-874-8120 ext 223
417-874-8114 fax
pauld@mail.sgcl.org