Re: [Videolib] box office numbers?

MileFilms@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:58:44 EST

--part1_82.4a21a11.2d556814_boundary

In a message dated 2/6/04 3:53:30 PM, mcopp@jhu.edu writes:

>=20
> Thanks to those of you who have already replied - Randy, wouldn't you know=
=20
> it, we don't have past issues of the Hollywood Reporter or Premier (so, wh=
o is=20
> the librarian here anyway?=A0 Oh, that's right, I am - so obviously, I nee=
d to=20
> try to make some purchases - although in my defense, I haven't been here=20
> that long and it is a relatively new program).
> And as Jessica pointed out, Two-land Blacktop might be really hard - only=20
> thing we've found is that it bombed at the box office.
>=20

Most, if not all, of the studios have librarians or archivists in charge of=20
the back files. For example, Leith Adams is in charge of the corporate archi=
ve=20
at Warner Brothers. Finding and contacting these people is how most authors=20=
go=20
about getting box office and production costs. All you have to do is make=20
friends with one of them, usually, and they'll help you meet the others. It'=
s not=20
that hard, honest.

Also, the film archives at University of Wisconsin, Madison might have some=20
of the info you're looking for, since they have the corporate papers for one=
or=20
two of the studios.=20

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video