Re: [Videolib] fines to faculty

Julie Dinkins (dinkins@sonoma.edu)
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:46:45 -0800

Absodarnlutely!

Faculty are some of our worst offenders. We fine them the same as we do
students.
You can see all of our fines here
http://libweb.sonoma.edu/services/fines.html. Generally it's:
Books .25 per day
Reserves $1.00/hour
Media $1.00/day

We are more lenient with loan periods, though. Faculty get semester
long loans of books. We do recall them immediately if needed by someone
else. Media generally has the same loan period as students with the
exception of videos and dvds. We give students 3 days and faculty 7
days. It gives them more time to preview things for class.

Long ago... maybe 15 years or so, we did not fine faculty. It was very
problematic, we just couldn't get the stuff back. And of course, they
would have tons of books on one topic checked out. So, it would
decimate particular subject areas in the collection.

jd
Julie Dinkins
Multimedia & Circulation Services Manager
Sonoma State University Library
dinkins@sonoma.edu | 707-664-4077
http://libweb.sonoma.edu/