Re: [Videolib] Film source? "Sheer Madness"

Lisa Flanzraich (LFlanzra@Qc1.Qc.Edu)
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:28:38 -0500

Date sent: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:10:20 -0500
From: Marilyn Huntley <mhuntley@hamilton.edu>
To: Videolib <VIDEOLIB@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Film source? "Sheer Madness"
Send reply to: videolib@library.berkeley.edu

Here I am, yet again -
I'm also looking for a source for a 16mm rental of Margarethe von Trotta's
Sheer Madness, 1983. Our library has the videotape, which is fine for a
classroom showing, but I need PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS. I used to rent the
film from Michael Jeck, but I spoke with him today and he says he no longer
has it.

Does anyone know of a U.S. distributor for this film? I'll be grateful for
any information you can send me. And I promise this is my last question for
today.
Marilyn Huntley

Hi, Try getting in touch with MoMA. They just had a New German Cinema program.

http://www.moma.org/visit_moma/momafilm/jan_1_04.html

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687