Re: [Videolib] Aboriginal Religious Rituals

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:00:18 -0800

--=====================_31214937==.ALT

Hi Meghann

Woulda thought Documentary Educational Resources would have had
something...but they don't.

I cam across a long shot:
<http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/programs/s777542.htm>KURTAL: SNAKE
SPIRIT (does a woman filmmaker count???)
http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/programs/s777542.htm
Kurtal - Snake Spirit is a rare documentary of a journey undertaken by
members of an Aboriginal community going back to country to perform an
ancient ceremony.

Produced by Nicole Ma Productions

>I am searching for a video that would show religious rituals
>performed by Australian Aboriginal women. I have found one title that may
>fit the bill (Madarrpa Funeral at Gurka'wuy) and am continuing to search
>for other possibilities. I thought I'd toss it out to the collective
>brain and see if anyone else might have other titles that come to mind. I
>have found a few other titles, but it is difficult to tell whether or not
>the rituals pictured involve women, and since this is for a Women's
>Studies course that part of the equation is essential.
>
>TIA,
>
>******************************
>Meghann R. Matwichuk
>Instructional Media Department
>Morris Library
>University of Delaware
>181 S. College Ave.
>Newark, DE 19717
>(302) 831-1475

UC Berkeley

****

--Ted Berrigan

Hi  Meghann

Woulda thought Documentary Educational Resources would have had something...but they don't.

I cam across a long shot: KURTAL: SNAKE SPIRIT (does a woman filmmaker count???)