Re: [Videolib] fines to faculty

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:56:20 -0800

You bet your sweet patootie we do! and thank god the library stands behind
us on this (books get the same hard line, by the by). We send out a ten
buck fine preliminarily within 48 hrs of the overdue. If it stays out
longer, we bill for full replacement costs (and sometimes if I'm in a
particularly nasty mood, I tack on a processing charge). Faculty have no
reason and no dispensation for acting like undergrads...(oftentimes worse)

A 400 buck fine almost always gets the stuff back.

gary

At 03:01 PM 1/30/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone -
>I haven't been on the list for ages...missed you all!
>
>anyways, I'm curious as to whether university
>libraries fine faculty or not....we fine faculty for
>books and at a steeper fine -videos. A faculty member
>who is abusing the very fair checkout privileges is
>complaining that "nobody fines, but us..."
>
>can you mail me off-list as to whether you fine, and
>how much you fine for media materials?
>And, if you don't fine, do you find that faculty
>return in a timely fashion or abuse due dates?
>
>Thanks,
>Rhonda Rosen
>Loyola Marymount University

UC Berkeley