Re: [Videolib] education & poverty

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@UDel.Edu)
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:21:29 -0800

--------------040005070408020106000100

I've been looking into purchasing some videos along these subject lines,
and here is one I've found that hasn't been mentioned so far that might
match what you are looking for.

Escuela
http://www.wmm.com/Catalog/pages/c573.htm

"There are over 800,000 students enrolled in migrant education programs
in the United States and, of those, only 45-50% ever finish high school.
"Escuela", the sequel to Hannah Weyer's critically acclaimed documentary
"La Boda", personalizes these glaring statistics through the honest
portrait of a teenage Mexican-American farm worker, Liliana Luis."

Meghann Matwichuk
Instructional Media Dept.
University of Deleware

Bergman, Barbara J wrote:

> I have a social work professor would like a video that talks about the
> effect of poverty on education, i.e. children's learning ability.
>
> I've come up with "Chilren in America's Schools," a Bill Moyers
> program based on Jon Kozol's Savage Inequalities.
>
> Can you fine folks suggest some additional titles?
>
> Barb Bergman
>
> Media Services Librarian
>
> Minnesota State University-Mankato
>
> (507) 389-5945

--------------040005070408020106000100

I've been looking into purchasing some videos along these subject lines, and here is one I've found that hasn't been mentioned so far that might match what you are looking for.

Escuela
http://www.wmm.com/Catalog/pages/c573.htm

"There are over 800,000 students enrolled in migrant education programs in the United States and, of those, only 45-50% ever finish high school. "Escuela", the sequel to Hannah Weyer’s critically acclaimed documentary "La Boda", personalizes these glaring statistics through the honest portrait of a teenage Mexican-American farm worker, Liliana Luis."

Meghann Matwichuk
Instructional Media Dept.
University of Deleware

education & poverty