Re: [Videolib] education & poverty

Michelle Coe (
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:29:27 -0500

Hi Barb--

We've got a film, THE INTOLERABLE BURDEN, which presents one black family's
commitment to a quality education, from the pre-1965 time of segregation,
through desegregation, and through the recent period of resegregation.

It's been very well-received; in fact, it recently won the John E. O'Connor
Film Award from the American Historical Association.

For more information on the film:

Michelle Coe, First Run/Icarus Films

At 09:02 AM 1/21/04 -0600, you wrote:

>I have a social work professor would like a video that talks about the
>effect of poverty on education, i.e. childrens learning ability.
>Ive come up with Chilren in Americas Schools,a Bill Moyers program based
>on Jon Kozols Savage Inequalities.
>Can you fine folks suggest some additional titles?
>Barb Bergman
>Media Services Librarian
>Minnesota State University-Mankato
>(507) 389-5945