RE: [Videolib] converting Umatics to VHS or DVD...

Katherine Mcgivern (kmcgivern@bergen.edu)
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:11:28 -0500

We totally weeded our 3/4" collection. Anything that had some use we
tried to update or replace with 1/2" or DVD. Materials with no use went
out the door. Some special, in-house created items were given to our
archivist and they will be transferred to another format and stored in
the archives.

Kate McGivern
-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Hendricks [mailto:Lisa.Hendricks@uconn.edu]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 3:39 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] converting Umatics to VHS or DVD...

We hope to be weeding our collection of 3/4 inch Umatic tapes and
perhaps
converting some to DVD or VHS format (after fulfilling all the copyright
requirements, of course.) Has anyone attempted such a project with 3/4
inch
tapes? What equipment did you use, and what did you learn from the
experience? Or do you have vendor suggestions for appropriate equipment?
Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm at
Lisa.Hendricks@uconn.edu.
Thank you.

Lisa J. Hendricks
Collections & Information Coordinator