Re: [Videolib] Query: Confrontation at Concordia

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:26:01 -0500

Jessica,

How'd you guess? It all started with a very innocuous sentence: "What do
you mean there are no rights for French Canada..."

Actually, it was not a pleasant day for staff and students in the building
with tear gas coming in through the air vents, and the evacuation process
was quite frightening for a number of my staff. Not as horrible as when we
had to evacuate a decade earlier when Prof. Frabrikant murdered three of
his colleagues and was running around with a gun a few floors above us.

There's apparently another film about to be released that was done by a
group of our graduate students in Film Production. They follow the key
people around for a number of months and unexpected developments occur. I
heard that a working title was Dis-cordia but I'm hoping they found
something better.

Oksana

At 10:06 AM 1/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Maybe it is just me but every time I see this title in the subject
>I think it is about Oksana beating up one of her colleagues
>--
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino International
>333 W 39th St. 503
>NY NY 10018
>jrosner@kino.com
>
> > From: "Blackburn, Alison" <Alison.Blackburn@library.ottawa.on.ca>
> > Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:16:21 -0500
> > To: "'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> > Subject: RE: [Videolib] Query: Confrontation at Concordia
> >
> > This video is available for purchase through Canwest/Global.
> >
> > Global Video Specials
> >
> > In this section, CanWest Global offers one time reproductions of TV
> > specials, features and other assorted programs of interest. Select from a
> > link below to go to the eStore purchase page for that product.
> >
> > WILDFIRE- British Columbia Burns DVD $24.95 (plus S&H)
> > WILDFIRE- British Columbia Burns VHS $19.95 (plus S&H)
> > Confrontation at Concordia VHS $19.95 (plus S&H)
> >
> > See http://www.canada.com/shopping/specials.html
> >

> > Alison Blackburn
> > AV Librarian - Collection Development
> > Ottawa Public Library
> > 120 Metcalfe Street
> > Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5M2
> > (613) 236-0302, ext 515
> > alison.blackburn@library.ottawa.on.ca

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-2424 ext.3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3437
Faculty of Fine Arts
Concordia University
H-335, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec