Re: [Videolib] Seeking distributor "Body and Soul"

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:18:18 EST

--part1_1e7.1775328b.2d385d9a_boundary

In a message dated 1/15/04 3:38:13 PM, mhuntley@hamilton.edu writes:

> I'm looking for a distributor, WITH PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS, for the 1924
> Oscar Micheaux film "Body and Soul." I've found it available for purchase
> as a VHS tape, which of course has no PPR. If it's available anywhere, we'd
> like to use a rented 16mm film, a DVD, or just purchase a license for a
> showing of the home-use video.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
> Marilyn Huntley

Well, Jessica and I were just having an off-listserv taunting match since she
sent a poor Earlham College person to taunt me about the Mets (I hear the
Chicago Cubs' new leftfielder is going to be Steve Bartman), but I believe Kino
has the video and though it's a PD film, would have PPR rights for their
version.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_1e7.1775328b.2d385d9a_boundary

I'm looking for a dis= tributor, WITH PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS, for the 1924
Oscar Micheaux film "Body and Soul." I've found it available for purchase as a VHS tape, which of course has no PPR. If it's available anywhere, we'd<= BR> like to use a rented 16mm film, a DVD, or just purchase a license for a