Re: [Videolib] VRT member participation question

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:00:12 -0800

Hi and welcome...

Carleton is the current chair of VRT...he's the person to contact re
participation. VRT has, in the recent past, devoted a number of
discussions to digital video. I'd hope this is something we could pursue
further in the future. You should probably know that, as a rule, the group
is more focused on the content end of things than the production and
delivery end of things: in our words, our focus is on collection building
(whatever form that takes), on access, and on services.

We'd love to have you participate!

Best,

Gary Handman
(List moderator)

At 08:18 AM 1/14/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I was wondering if someone could shed some light on how one goes about
>getting involved in VRT on a more substantive level. In an effort to make
>my 100 dollar ALA membership seem like a good idea (and of course to
>dutifully serve and promote media librarianship), I recently completed the
>VRT volunteer form on the ALA web site. There were no instructions on
>exactly who to send this form to, so I simply emailed it to Mr. Carleton
>Jackson. Is this the right thing to do? To give some background, I'm the
>director of a new service here at UT called The Studio which is a
>multimedia production facility as well as subject librarian and selector
>for our small but very active Cinema Studies program.
>
>As a new librarian, I've enjoyed the discussions here on the list and some
>have been very helpful in making some decisions.
>
>I've also noticed in several newsletters that there is a group devoted to
>digital initiatives within the round table. If this is so, any info
>available on this?
>
>Thanks for any info,
>
>Troy
>

>--
>M. Troy Davis
>Media Services Librarian
>University of Tennessee Libraries :: The Studio
>245 John C. Hodges Library
>Knoxville, TN 37996
>(865)974-6396
>troydavis@utk.edu