RE: [Videolib] Great Courses Series

Skarra, Mary (SkarraM@lac.losalamos.nm.us)
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:00:15 -0700

We do not purchase these but have numerous titles donated that we add to our collection. They are fairly popular, however, the first couple of vols. of titles w/multiple volumes are usually well used and fewer circs as the vols. Increase. History and Music are our most popular. Most of ours are cassette, and take up a lot of space. We have a few videos as well but they don't circ as well. Quality seems good and patrons who check them out always have good things to say. The company also has sales. Hope this helps.

M Skarra
Mesa Public Library
2400 Central Ave
Los Alamos, NM 87544

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:22 AM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Great Courses Series

Has anyone added titles from the Great Courses / The Teaching Company to
their collection? They appear to be comprehensive, and would extend our
curriculum support level beyond high school. I was wondering how good they
are and if any public libraries have added them, or if they are really
better for college/university collections. Thanks in advance.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street