RE: [Videolib] 3M checkout and VHS tracking problems

Debbie Veldhuis (debbie.veldhuis@phxlib.org)
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:58:35 -0700 (MST)

We had problems with the book desenzitizers zapping VHS tapes from as far
away as 18 inches. These were 'book brick type. Someone from 3m actually
told us that the bricks should be at least 2 feet from where video and
even audio cassttes set. Since our zappers were mounted flush with the
counter we actuall mapped out an area on the work counters and put signs
up warning about setting materials too close.
We now use a self-checkout system that is 'friendly' to all materials and
the problem of wiping out out audio and video tapes is gone.

Debbie VeldHuis
Library Assistant
dveldhui@lib.ci.phoenix.az.us

Phoenix Public Library (602) 262-4608