Re: [Videolib] International DVD standards

clarkjc@jmu.edu
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:13:13 -0500

Val,

I believe your qualification on playing Region 1 discs in a
PAL country is correct. Not only does the TV standard have to
be compatible or converted, but also the voltage for the
player's power supply.

I don't think that all so-called "region free" players handle
these tasks as well as region coding. However, here is a
selection of them, some of which claim to cover all the
bases:
http://www.codefreedvd.com/dvd_dvdplayers.htm

Jeff