Re: [Videolib] Looking for advice - should I add 'Trials of Life' on

Holly Sammons (sammons@ocpl.lib.ny.us)
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:28:37 -0500 (EST)

I'll preface my suggestion by saying I am a very bad weeder, I hate
weeding anything, I view my video collection as self-weeding and basically
leave it alone. As to your dilemma, do you have a storage area? At my
library in answer to space issues we have been moving multiple and lesser
circulating copies of vhs films into storage. They can still circulate,
they just don't take up valuable browsing shelf space.

With the uncertainty of future format issues, and patrons who are attached
to the vhs format like it was a relative, we're being very careful not to
weed items that may prove difficult if not impossible to replace.

Laissez-faire librarian,
Holly

--
Holly Sammons, Librarian