[Videolib] re: Trials of Life

Michael VollmarGrone (vollmami@oplin.org)
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:51:50 -0500

--------------020507050006070804080504

Hi Renee,
Passed along a donated set to our Book Fair a couple of months ago.
It's a good series but seems to be out of the public awareness.
Removed the circulating set a few years ago due to extreme customer indifference.
Oh, the Trials of AV Librarianship.
Happy Holidays.

--
Michael Vollmar-Grone
Amos Memorial Public Library

Your Unique Video Source

Subject: [Videolib] Looking for advice - should I add "Trials of Life" on vhs? From: "Renee Zurn" <rzurn@duluth.lib.mn.us> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:17:42 -0600

To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

I just had a patron donate all 12 volumes of the David Attenborough series "The Trials of Life" in their original sleeves.

I am now torn - I know the series is good but it is 12 years old and my shelves are full! Do I add it and withdraw 12 other, probably newer, animal films or do I wait until this is released on DVD in the U.S. and than purchase it or do I just forgot this series and look for newer animal films on DVD?

Any advice you can offer will be appreciated.

Renee Zurn Duluth Public Library Duluth MN

--------------020507050006070804080504 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Renee,
Passed along a donated set to our Book Fair a couple of months ago.
It's a good series but seems to be out of the public awareness.
Removed the circulating set a few years ago due to extreme customer indifference.
Oh, the Trials of AV Librarianship.
Happy Holidays.
--
Michael Vollmar-Grone
Amos Memorial Public Library
230 East North Street
Sidney, Ohio  45365
vollmami@oplin.org

Your Unique Video Source

[Videolib] Looking for advice - should I add "Trials of Life" on vhs?