Re: [Videolib] another good web site

Jessica Rosner (
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:42:33 -0500

> From: Oksana Dykyj <>
> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:33:21 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] another good web site
> So Jessica,
> What DIck Powell western were you talking about in yesterday's New York
> Times (article on why so many movies don't make it to DVD)
> Oksana

I am trying to remember the name myself. When I was at the Columbus
Cinevent over Memorial Day weekend ( even for early film buffs) I got
accosted by a man who gave me the title of a Dick Powell Western and said
that Kino should put it out as it was from the same producer as IT HAPPENED
TOMORROW ( a favorite of mine) that we had under license from Douris Corp.
I told him EVEN if we COULD license it from Douris, we wouldn't as we
were a small company and had to limit our releases and a Dick Powell western
( I looked it up in Maltin at the time) with no critical mass was not
something we could do. He got REALLY irate and screamed " YOU PEOPLE ARE
SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT THESE THINGS" Sheesh I have enough trouble trying
to get things like the African Films and CIRCLE OF DECEIT ( which Kino
indulged me with so everybody buy them). If it were up to me we would be
putting out the Richard Barthelmess boxed set but NO DICK POWELL WESTERNS

>> Jessica Rosner
>> Kino International
>> 333 W 39th St. 503
>> NY NY 10018