RE: [Videolib] Video Librarianship discussion/InsomniaCinemania

lflanzra (lflanzra@qc1.qc.edu)
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:00:38 -0500

> LISA replied " I would avoid working in a public library at all costs, they
>are generally dreadful and deadening to one's free spirit." Lisa's harsh,
>blanket statement ..

I stand by the substance of my advice to Tracy, not withstanding my statement
on the p.l.

I will modify it in one small way: Perhaps I would advise Tracy to start out
in the p.l., if she needs to gain experience--but caution her to FLEE as soon
as possible, for her own sanity's sake.

Sorry, but on a strictly personal level, I hardly ever felt the difference
between driving a bus--albeit the New York City kind--and being a public
librarian, for which I had to pay my time in purgatory!!! In addition, that
bus driver was paid at a higher salary rate than a public librarian!!!

Happy Happy Hanukkah to ALL!!!

And a Grand and Bubbly New Year's Toast to My Scarred But Ever Buoyant,
Jubilant, and 24/7 Percolating Town: NEW YORK--YOU'RE THE GREATEST--EVEN MORE
SO NOW THAN EVER EVER BEFORE!!!!!!!

AMORE PER TUTTI !!!!!

(Fellini's Giulietta Degli Spiriti)