RE: [Videolib] Video Librarianship Training

Konkel, Mary (Konkel@cdnet.cod.edu)
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:56:47 -0600

I can also offer a couple more organizations which may be helpful in gaining
some insight into media librarianship.

OLAC, the Online Audiovisual Catalogers, is more specialized and focuses on
access issues, such as cataloging and physical processing and offers lots of
continuing education opportunities for cataloging training

http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/units/cts/olac/

ALA's Assocation for Library Collections and Techncial Services (ALCTS) has
a Media Interest Group:
http://www.ala.org/Content/NavigationMenu/ALCTS/Division_groups/Interest_Gro
ups2/Media_Resources/Media_Resources.htm

Mary S. Konkel
Assistant Professor
Head of Technical Services
College of DuPage