RE: [Videolib] VHS Tape checking

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:45:12 -0500

We clean each tape every time they come back. If the machine that the
tape was played in was dirty, that dirt will get carried on the next
machine, and on and on, if it is not cleaned.

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Instructional Materials Services
Appalachia IU8

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Susan
Albrecht
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 8:52 AM
To: Videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] VHS Tape checking

Good morning, all.

We are considering putting in an order for a tape cleaning/inspection
device, probably an RTI. I would like to ask those of you who already
use
these to tell me HOW you use them. That is, is it a routine part of the

check-in process to run the tape through the machine, or do you do the
whole collection--or chunks of it--on some kind of timetable basis?
What
is your procedure?

Many thanks,
Susan at Wabash