Re: [Videolib] VHS Tape checking

Sarah Andrews (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:45:28 -0600

At one of the libraries I work at the system was programmed to
automatically pop up a note at check in when the tape or dvd has
circulated 25 times. We then indicate it is "out for cleaning" and a youth
volunteer runs them through the machine. This is a pretty efficient
system--we spend the most time cleaning the heaviest used items.

Sarah Andrews