Re: [Videolib] Video Librarian

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:16:19 EST

--part1_ba.4b7e7fe8.2d078793_boundary

In a message dated 12/8/03 12:15:56 PM, tracyx3@yahoo.com writes:
> I was hoping someone could help me.=A0 I am trying to get information on t=
he=20
> best steps to take in becoming a Video Librarian.=A0 I have my M.L.I.S and=
am=20
> currently working in a para professional position in a video library. Do I=
=20
> need a second masters? Any help would be appreciated. I just want some lea=
ds on=20
> how to become one either academic or public library.
> Thank you.
> Tracy
>=20
Either a masters in film/media history, or may I suggest the 1-year=20
Certificate Program for film preservation at the L. Jeffrey Selznick School=20=
at the=20
George Eastman House in Rochester New York or the masters program in same at=
NYU=20
or UCLA, assuming that film, video and digital preservation will be a major=20
part of a media librarian's job in the coming years. You'll also see a lot o=
f=20
films that way...

The best place to start for the above is looking at (and joining, of course)=
=20
the Association for Moving Image Archivists site <A HREF=3D"http://www.amian=
et.org/publication/resources/education/educareers.html">
http://www.amianet.org/publication/resources/education/educareers.html</A>

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_ba.4b7e7fe8.2d078793_boundary

In a message dated 12/8/03 12:15:56 PM, tracyx3@yahoo.com writes:

I was hoping someone=20= could help me.=A0 I am trying to get information on the best steps to take i= n becoming a Video Librarian.=A0 I have my M.L.I.S and am currently working=20= in a para professional position in a video library. Do I need a second maste= rs? Any help would be appreciated. I just want some leads on how to become o= ne either academic or public library.
Thank you.
Tracy

Either a masters in film/media history, or may I suggest the 1-year Certi= ficate Program for film preservation at the L. Jeffrey Selznick School at th= e George Eastman House in Rochester New York or the masters program in same=20= at NYU or UCLA, assuming that film, video and digital preservation will be a= major part of a media librarian's job in the coming years. You'll also see=20= a lot of films that way...

The best place to start for the above is looking at (and joining, of course)= the Association for Moving Image Archivists site