Re: [Videolib] Booking system

Jennifer Muller (mullerj@rci.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:05:31 -0500

--------------040803010702090501090002

Hi Sandra,

At Rutgers University we use Unicorn Sirsi Workflows. In this system,
there is a booking module that I use to schedule all the audio-visual
for the entire university, including our main campus and two other
smaller campuses in New Jersey. This module has a calendar that you can
set to book items. (I've been booking titles for the spring semester
since October). You can also get very detailed reports from this. Some
of the lists that I receive on a daily basis are a non circulating items
report, which is a comprehensive list of all items that have been booked
for future dates and for whom and where. Here at Rutgers, on our main
campus, we deliver the items to five locations so the list tells us what
pickup location to send it to. I also get an overdue items list and an
items that are due back that day list. Each day there is a pull list
generated - we use this list to pack the items each day. Since Rutgers
University is very large and many professors use audio-visual materials,
I've found this system to work very well. If you would like more
information about it, I would be happy to share with you.

Best,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Muller
Media Collection and Reserves Coordinator

--------------040803010702090501090002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> Hi Sandra,