Re: [Videolib] eReference Question (aka cybercelluloid trivia)

EHWAYNE@aol.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:40:51 EST

--part1_c4.27292.2cf51853_boundary

In a message dated 11/25/03 11:29:40 AM Central Standard Time,
ghandman@library.berkeley.edu writes:

> I am looking for the name of a movie thatwas an outdoor
> >adventure type that had a dog named brightstar or suncleat, can you help?

There is this BOOK about a girl and a team of dogs. The lead dog is Black
Star.
<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449703401/categoricalgeome">Black Star, Bright Dawn</A>
by Scott O'Dell, Klein
(January, 1990)
list price: US$6.50 -- our price: US$6.50
(price subject to change: see <A HREF="http://www.geometry.net/help.html">help</A>)
<A HREF="http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449703401/geometrynet-20">Canada</A> | <A HREF="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449703401/geometrynet-21">United Kingdom</A> | <A HREF="http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449703401/geometrynet01-21">Germany</A> | <A HREF="http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/0449703401/geometrynet0c-21">France</A>Description

Amazon.com
Most young girls' experiences never involve hunting bearded seals on the ice,
even within the Alaskan Eskimo culture. In Scott O'Dell's gripping novel,
Bright Dawn is an exception. In her father's eyes, she became his son's
replacement ever since her brother drowned. When Bright Dawn is 18 years old, her
father, recently injured, insists that she take his place in the Iditarod, the
famous Alaskan dogsled race covering more than a thousand miles between Anchorage
and Nome. Unflinching, yet trembling in her mukluks, she faces her challenge
head-on.

Bright Dawn proves herself to be a strong, courageous heroine--crossing
rivers, mountain ranges, and vast stretches of frozen tundra--with her team of
dogs, including the lead Black Star. While the rush of wind and relentless,
blinding stretches of ice are exhilarating, the dangers involved make Bright Dawn
realize that it's not only the race, but her life that she's entrusting to her
team of dogs. O'Dell, author of the Newbery Award-winning Island of the Blue
Dolphins, has created an intense, suspenseful, clearly written adventure story
that's sure to capture the imagination of young readers and take them for a
blustery ride. (Ages 9 to 12) --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Elena Wayne
Elena Wayne
Lucerne Media
ehwayne@aol.com
www.LucerneMedia.com
Toll Free: 866-537-0009
Fax: 847-537-0050

--part1_c4.27292.2cf51853_boundary

In a message dated 11/25/03 11:29:40 AM Central Standa= rd Time, ghandman@library.berkeley.edu writes:

I am looking for the name of a=20= movie thatwas an outdoor
>adventure type that had a dog named brightstar or suncleat,  can yo= u help?

There is this BOOK about a girl and a team of dogs.  The lead dog is= Black Star.
Black Star, Bright Dawn
by Scott O'Dell, Klein
(January, 1990)
list price: US$6.50 -- our price: US$6.50
(price subject to change: see = help)

Cana= da | United Kingdom | Germany | FranceDescription

Amazon.com
Most young girls' experiences never involve hunting bearded seals on the ice= , even within the Alaskan Eskimo culture. In Scott O'Dell's gripping novel,=20= Bright Dawn is an exception. In her father's eyes, she became his son's repl= acement ever since her brother drowned. When Bright Dawn is 18 years old, he= r father, recently injured, insists that she take his place in the Iditarod,= the famous Alaskan dogsled race covering more than a thousand miles between= Anchorage and Nome. Unflinching, yet trembling in her mukluks, she faces he= r challenge head-on.

Bright Dawn proves herself to be a strong, courageous heroine--crossing rive= rs, mountain ranges, and vast stretches of frozen tundra--with her team of d= ogs, including the lead Black Star. While the rush of wind and relentless, b= linding stretches of ice are exhilarating, the dangers involved make Bright=20= Dawn realize that it's not only the race, but her life that she's entrusting= to her team of dogs. O'Dell, author of the Newbery Award-winning Island of=20= the Blue Dolphins, has created an intense, suspenseful, clearly written adve= nture story that's sure to capture the imagination of young readers and take= them for a blustery ride. (Ages 9 to 12) --This text refers to the Hardcove= r edition.

Elena Wayne
Elena Wayne

Lucerne Media
ehwayne@aol.com