Re: [Videolib] CD scratch repair machines

Jennifer Stutesman (jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu)
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:53:01 -0800

--Boundary_(ID_1VV/bqOwcTR4WP416Az7gA)

--Boundary_(ID_1VV/bqOwcTR4WP416Az7gA)

--Boundary_(ID_BtNH1yxRhgJvgCvS7l/qQA)

Thanks, Joan and Michael! Very helpful!
I also read Walt Crawford's article that I had saved from months ago,
and it was very instructive! I never thought about actually washing them
with mild soap, either. From the article, it sounds to me like
librarians are equally pleased with their machines, whether $70 or
$1000. Just for the record; I don't withdraw the DVD unless I can
reproduce playing trouble on my better-than-average Panasonic triple
player in my office; out of the 10 or so complaints I've gotten so far,
I've only had to withdraw 2 DVD's, out of a collection of about 100. One
was on its first circulation, and the other on it's 10th. I have a $60
Daewoo at home, and it doesn't like History Channel DVD's...Guess
there's no way to tell how something is going to play on the patron's
player.
-Jen

Joan Goodwin wrote:

[...]

begin:vcard
n:Stutesman;Jen
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla WA 99362
adr:;;;Walla Walla;WA;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jennifer.stutesman@wwcc.edu
title:Instructional and Technical Services Librarian
fn:Jen Stutesman
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_1VV/bqOwcTR4WP416Az7gA)