RE: [Videolib] Music for Silent Films

Cartford, Peter, JCL (CartfordP@jocolibrary.org)
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:35:22 -0600

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Kevin Smith
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:57 PM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Music for Silent Films

=20

Hello,

=20

I am constructing an annotated bibliography for a class in Library
School. The topic is "Music for Silent Film." I would appreciate any
suggestions you may have for sources that I should include. These can
be any format.

=20

Thank You,

=20

Kevin Smith

SLIS Student

Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AEDC.A7A6B402

Check out

http://www.alloyorchestra.com/

A three-man ensemble, they provide = live musical accompaniment for silent films.  I saw/heard their version = of Buster Keaton’s The General a few weeks back.  = Outstanding.

PC

Peter Cartford
AV Librarian
Johnson = County = Library
Overland Park, KS
913-495-2496
cartfordp@jocolibrary.org

-----Original = Message-----
I am constructing an = annotated bibliography for a class in = Library = School.  The topic is “Music for Silent Film.”  I would = appreciate any suggestions you may have for sources that I should include.  These = can be any format.

Thank = You,

Kevin = Smith

SLIS = Student

Indiana University = Purdue University = Indianapolis

=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AEDC.A7A6B402--