RE: [Videolib] Collection Development: Audio Books Purchase

Lori Stevens (
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:23:08 -0700

We don't collect audio books either. But here is a
suggestion for media market: with so many school libraries
that attend (primary, secondary, higher ed) could we have a
plenary session on the IDEA act and options for closed
captioning? Maybe outsourcing vs doing it your self and
maybe a panel of distributors to talk about their role in
all of this? I think we have to have this implemented by
2006. I don't know, maybe I am the only one who is worrying
about this and everyone else has resolved it. If so, I
would love some pointers. Right now we are going through
our 10,000 + titles and identifying those that will need CC
and which can be purchased with CC. A huge job to say the

Lori Stevens
Media Librarian
Utah Valley State College Library
Orem, Utah 84058

Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students
and they check out books. And then they learn

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 1997)

>>> 11/19/03 12:24PM >>>

Sr. Gilmary Speirs, IHM
Collection Management Librarian for non-Print
Marywood University
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA 18509
Phone: (570)348-6266